At CanMark, we offer a full range of services to meet your print buying needs. If you need, we can even help you design your items. Our staff of graphic professional is ready to take your concept to prime time! Once you have your design, we can consult to choose the best paper and ink for the job.
From short run, single color to sophisticated, complex four color print jobs we have presses to meet the specifications of your job.
If you need mailing distribution or fulfillment, we can help there too. Inquire today and make us your one stop print shop.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Preparing Files For best results please follow our guidelines. 1. FILE FORMAT: We accept the following file ONLY PDF’s.
2. FILE SIZE: The maximum acceptable combined file size for all uploads is 50MB (megabytes).
3. RESOLUTION: All file formats must have a minimum of 300 dpi (dot per inch) resolution. The images designed for the web are done at a low screen resolution of 72 dpi. Print images need to be created at 300 dpi or there will be a substantial drop in the image quality.
4. COLOR MODE: All color artwork and/or images must be provided in CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) color mode. All black & white artworks and/or images must be provided in grayscale color mode. Heavy black ink might cause smearing.
5. BLEED: What's a bleed? Bleed is the portion of the product that will be trimmed off when it is cut to the final size. Why bleed? The purpose of a bleed is to continue a color, image, or design to the edge of the product. Due to the possibility of shifting in the trimming process, a bleed is required to ensure that a white line does not show on the edges of your product. We require ALL files to be built to the full bleed dimension specified for each trim size. We automatically trim the bleed off of each side, which will result in the desired trim size. For example: business cards require a 0.1" bleed to each dimension (or 0.05" bleed on all four sides). Thus, a 2" x 3.5" business card would have a bleed size 2.1" x 3.6". Please visit our download templates page and design your files on these templates to ensure proper bleed. Please build your print-ready digital files by adding the appropriate bleed to your file. Add 0 .1" bleed to each dimension (or 0.05" bleed on all four sides) for the following products: Add 0.1875" bleed to each dimension for roll labels (or 0.09375" bleed on all four sides for square or rectangle roll labels) and special shapes. Add 0.225" bleed to each dimension (or 0.1125" bleed on all four sides) for presentation folders. Add 0.375" bleed to each dimension (or 0.1875" bleed on all four sides) for booklets, calendars, and catalogs.
6. CROP MARKS: Please build your press-ready digital files by adding crop marks. Lines indicating where the paper should be cut to produce the correct size.
7. FONTS: a. Fonts must be embedded in PDF files. b. Fonts must be outlined or converted to paths or curves in EPS files. c. Some fonts have copyright restrictions and will not embed in PDF Files. d. Quark Express: Fonts and images must be included with all files submitted. (Mac only)
8. SAFE ZONE: All critical elements (text, images, logos, etc.) must be kept at least 0.125" inside the edge. Anything left close to edge may be cut off during trimming.
9. BORDERS: Please allow 1/16" cutting space around your card. No borders are recommended, as shifting in the cutting process may make borders appear uneven.
10. PERFECT BINDING: We do not recommend crossover images and/or copy, as these elements may be lost in the gutter and may not line up after binding. Please keep all critical images and/or copy within the Safe Zone to ensure these elements are clearly visible and there are no line-up registration issues when the product is bound.